Description templates are used to record snippets of information that you regularly use in quotes, tasks, invoices, bills, work orders, credit notes or timesheets. Descriptions can be set up in Site Administration, or created on the fly by Admin users in AroFlo Office.
Once the description templates have been saved, all users can select the ones they need when working in Office or Field.
Benefits of using this feature:
- A complete catalogue of descriptions stored in one central repository.
- Speeds up data entry and helps to reduce the risk of errors.
- Flexibility to create or alter descriptions on the fly.
- Available to all users in both AroFlo Office and Field.
Use the tabs below to read about description templates.
Add a description
In AroFlo Office, go to any of the areas that contain a Descriptions button, e.g. Create > Quote / Task / Invoice / Bill / Work Order / Credit Note or Timesheet.
- Click Descriptions > Add Description. The Description Type will auto-populate based on the area you are in, e.g. Task Description, Quote Description.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and select a Description Category.
Set up description categories
Description categories are used to organise description templates and are set up in Site Admin.
- Enter a Description Name to identify this description/information.
- Complete the Description field.
Text or HTML
Description templates can be created in text or HTML format. Select HTML if you need to use bullet points, bold/coloured fonts, paragraphs (show carriage returns) or tables.
Set Up Description Templates
A Site Administrator can set up a range of descriptions in Site Admin. This is useful if you already have standard clauses or statements that you want to copy and paste into a template. Refer to Create Description Templates for more information.
Use a description
In any of the areas that contain a Descriptions button:
- Click Descriptions.
- Select the description category.
- Double-click the description you want to use. The description appears in the Description field and you can edit it if you need to.
If you have a large number of descriptions, you can use the search boxes to find descriptions based on category, description name or description text. You can also change the Description Type filter to view all descriptions.
Use multiple descriptions
You can select multiple descriptions (one at a time) to build a detailed description within a Description field.