Set up your business transaction terms (payment due dates) to match those in your accounting package. Transaction terms can be applied to Clients, Suppliers, and Contractors, and autopopulate the Due Date displayed on invoices (for Clients), and for Purchase Orders and Bills (for Suppliers).
Purchase Orders and Bills
A range of default transaction terms are included with AroFlo but more can be set up in Site Administration.
Add a transaction term
- In Site Administration > Settings, go to:
- Clients > Transaction Terms, to set transaction terms for your clients, or
- Suppliers & Contractors > Transaction Terms, to set transaction terms for your suppliers or contractors.
The Transaction Terms list is the same across clients, suppliers, and contractors.
- Click Add Transaction Term.
- Enter the transaction term label.
- Enter the number of days.
For example: Entering ‘30’ will set all invoices / quote dates to be auto-calculated date of 30 days from date of invoice/quote.
Auto-calculation will also cross months, with the correct date.
- Select the relevant terms from the dropdown list.
- Tick 'Show Banner' if you want the transaction terms to display in certain areas of AroFlo and select a Banner Colour using the colour picker.
Where does the coloured banner show?
It also displays at the top of an open task for a client who has that transaction term.
The banner displays at the top of any purchase order for a supplier who has that transaction term.
Create Task/Quote screen
Task/Quote calendar schedules
In AroFlo Office, it displays on Task and Quote calendar schedules.
In AroFlo Office, it displays on Client, Supplier, and Location search results, when using the Global Search.
Do Not Trade
By default, if you set a client to 'Do Not Trade', you will see:
- 'Do Not Trade' at the end of the client name when searching your client list (e.g. when creating a quote or task)
- a pop-up warning message, if you try to create a quote or task against that client
- a 'Do Not Trade' banner, when you open the client card.
This is irrespective of the trading terms label/name.
Searching client list
Pop-up warning message
Banner on client card
Set a default transaction term
To set a default transaction term that will be used for all new clients, suppliers, and contractors:
- Click the checkbox under the Default heading.
Change transaction terms for a particular client
To change the transaction terms for a particular client:
- go to Office Site > Accounts > Clients and select the client you need
- make a selection from the Terms dropdown list
Archive a transaction term
To archive a transaction term that is no longer needed:
- Click the checkbox under the Archive heading.
Reactivate a transaction term
To bring an archived transaction term back into use:
- Change the filter at the top right of the window to Archived.
- Uncheck the box in the Archive column.