We're shortly going to be introducing a new supported gateway: Square. With Square you can take payments in person, on the go.
Square works a little differently to our other payment gateways in that credit card payments will be made using your customer's physical credit card, using a linked card reader. This will save you from entering card details.
Based on feedback received, we're shortly going to be making a few changes to the way items are added onto a bill from purchase orders:
- Only items that have been received but not billed, and items that have been billed but not received will transfer across to a new bill.
- Both purchase orders and bills will contain a Quantity Billed column, making it easier to see how much of each item has been billed for.
- Bills will contain a colour-coded Totals column, telling you the quantity of items ordered from your purchase order versus the received quantity across all linked bills.
- The quantity received on a purchase order will be read-only for items that have been billed, and will use the same colour codes as seen on the bill to indicate total quantity received vs ordered.
- On a bill, if you want to add unbilled items from the purchase order, or remove items not received or billed, you'll be able to use the new Manage Purchase Order Items dropdown.
- When creating a bill without entering quantities received on the order, you'll need to decide what action you want to take.
Convert non-productive time to an overhead
You can now set up a timesheet automation condition to apply an overhead to any periods of non-productive time that occur within your standard working hours.
This is great if you need the total hours on your daily timesheet to match the standard working hours for the business, even if billable hours were fewer. The overhead is added on clicking EOD Approval.
We'll be adding further functionality to our timesheet automation feature over time.
Increased security for your business
We will soon be enabling multi-factor authentication (MFA) for users of AroFlo. This will be optional for most users.
What is multi-factor authentication (MFA)?
MFA is a security measure to verify a user's identity, beyond just their username and password. A code from an authenticator app is a common way to manage MFA. It provides an extra level of security for systems like AroFlo.
Why is this being introduced?
MFA is fast becoming the standard way to check that users are who they say they are. Most companies start with users who have access to sensitive information, but quickly enable it for all users due to the security benefits.
Who will need to use MFA?
As of Thursday, 1 October 2020, MFA will be available for all AroFlo users, but will only be compulsory for AroFlo logins that have access to Xero via AroFlo's Integration menu. This is because the Australian Taxation Office now requires Xero to ensure that anyone who can access an Australian organisation on Xero is using MFA.
All other users can continue to log in to AroFlo as they do now, or can take advantage of the added security MFA offers.
What do you need to do?
For the moment, there's nothing you need to do. We'll provide more information about how AroFlo's MFA will work in the coming weeks.
Asset reports now include the option to filter by custom fields. Asset custom fields using the ‘Checkbox’, ‘Radio’ or ‘Select’ field types now appear at the bottom of the Customise > Filters tab in your asset reports.
We’ll also be rolling out custom field filters to other report areas, so stay tuned.
If you use timesheet automation to automate recurring timesheet entries like lunch breaks, or to convert after-hours work to overtime, you'll notice two new icons in your daily timesheets once you've approved them.
If you have to unapprove a daily timesheet, the entries with the Automated by EOD Approval icon will be removed at that time. When you re-approve, they will be re-inserted.
Look out for more exciting timesheet automation features coming very soon.
We've updated the look of the Create Task and Create Quote areas in AroFlo Field, including an updated search function when searching for clients, locations, and task types.
Note that the new look is only available if you're using our fresh new look of AroFlo Field. Still using the old look? Look for the option in the main menu to switch to the new. We think you'll like it.
Based on feedback received, we've made a few changes to the ServiceTrack areas that display a list of bills.
- New columns with task and purchase order information. These include:
- Purchased By
- Job Number
- The ability to filter by underlined values found in the bills list.
- Two additional filters in the search area. These include:
- Job Number
- Purchased By
We've made a few more updates to the Bill Worksheet, which now displays task information.
- The line item area now displays a row with the task name and number (if the line items are linked to a task). Just like purchase orders, you can now see the job information for every billed item.
- The header now includes links to the related tasks. This is useful when the bill has no line items to show from the linked purchase order.
Coloured Banners on Transaction Terms
You can now choose to display a banner for your transaction terms and set a colour.
These banners appear on the client or supplier cards using the selected transaction terms, as well as at the top of open tasks for clients using that transaction term.
You need to be using permission groups to access this feature.
Based on feedback received, we've made a few changes to the look and feel of Purchase Orders and Bills:
- You now have a Bills Summary tab available on both Purchase Orders and Bills, allowing you to easily view and access past bills. Note that you can still access past bills from the All Bills tab.
- You'll notice Purchase Orders now contain a counter beside the View Bills button as well as a Total Billed field to let you know how many bills have already been created and how much has been billed, saving you from accidentally creating a duplicate.
- Lastly, we've moved the Create Bill button to be within this area and renamed it to Approve & Create Bill. This will still create a bill for you but will also approve the Purchase Order you're working on at the same time. Note that if you don't want to approve the purchase order, simply click the options button beside Approve & Create Bill and create a bill from there instead.
|You need to be using permission groups to access this feature.|
You can now create Gantt Charts in AroFlo!
Just click the Gantt Chart tab from an existing or new project to easily create a handy visualisation of your project timeline.
Watch our short introductory video:
We'll be adding more functionality to our Gantt Charts in the coming months.