Tracking centres are configured in Site Admin. Users in the Management permission group can view tracking centres on items in both the Office and Field interfaces. Tracking centre information is not visible to the pre-built Supervisor or Worker groups.
To set up tracking centres:
In Site Admin, go to Settings > General > Tracking Centres.
Click Add New Tracking Centre.
Enter the Name of the tracking centre and check the box for the relevant item type where it will be available for selection, i.e. Labour (LAB items), Material (MAT items), Expense (EXP items) and/or Freight (FRE items).
Repeat the above steps until all tracking centres have been added and click Save Tracking Centres.
Once your tracking centres are set up, this will become the master list and will be available for selection across all areas where tracking centre fields exist.
Set Tracking Centre Defaults
To ensure accurate reporting, tracking centres will need to be allocated to every item on a quote, task, purchase order or invoice. To simplify this, you can set up default tracking centres in Site Admin at various levels, i.e. Business Unit, Task Type, Work Type, User, Inventory item.
Where these defaults are set will depend on your business and how refined you want your reporting to be. For example, you might want to report down to specific Resources (Users) on some jobs, and Work Types on other jobs.
You don't need to set a default at every level.
The default tracking centre the system assigns to an item is determined by the following hierarchy:
Tracking Centre Defaults Hierarchy
Type: Labour (LAB) Items
Type: Material (MAT)
Type: Expense (EXP) Items & Freight (FRE) Items
When setting up default tracking centres or modifying tracking centres on items, you can click the Diagram button to view the Tracking Centre Defaults Diagram, which shows the hierarchy of defaults that have been set up for your company. The tracking centre shown in bold on the diagram indicates that it is the top level default that the system will assign to items.
1. In Site Admin, select your Company (top level Business Unit) or the relevant Business Unit (if multiple business units exist), then click Settings > General > Tracking Centres.
2. In the Tracking Centre Defaults section underneath the list, select the appropriate tracking centre from the drop down list to be set as the default for Labour, Material, Expense and Freight items.
3. Once all defaults have been set, click Save Tracking Centres.
If you have multiple business units, existing tracking centres can be shared between business units. The number of business units sharing a particular tracking centre will appear next to the tracking centre name in the setup screen.
1. In Site Admin, go to Settings > Tasks > Task Types and click the task type name to view details.
2. In the Default Tracking Centres section, select the appropriate tracking centre from the drop down list to be set as the default for Labour, Material, Expense and Freight items for this task type.
3. Once all defaults have been set, click Save.
4. Repeat the above steps for each task type as required.
1. In Site Admin, go to Settings > Timesheets > Work Types.
2. Select the appropriate labour tracking centre from the drop down list to be set as the default for each Work Type.
3. Once defaults have been set for all work types, click Save.
1. In the Office Interface, go to Manage > Inventory.
2. Hover your mouse over a category, then click the (edit) icon when it appears on the right.
Parent-level categories (shown by a solid folder: ) do not contain the option to add tracking centres; you must choose a child-level category (shown by an outline of a folder: ).
3. Click Edit Settings > BU and Alerts.
4. Under Assign to Business Unit, select the appropriate tracking centre from the drop down list to be set as the default for the inventory category and its associated inventory items.
5. Click Save.
6. Alternatively, tracking centres can be assigned to inventory items individually.
1. In Site Admin, go to Users.
2. Click a user's name to view details.
2. On the Settings tab, select the appropriate Labour Tracking Centre from the drop down list to be set as the default for this user.