- Created by Bradley Bristow-Stagg, last modified by Andrew Pine on Feb 08, 2023
Performing a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) means looking at a work task, identifying the hazards involved, and putting controls in place to minimise risk and prevent injury. Worksafe Victoria provides information on how to conduct a JSA.
AroFlo lets you record the details of your JSA on a JSA worksheet via:
- Workflow > Compliance > Risk Templates or via
- Site Administration > Settings > Compliance > Risk Templates.
Create a risk template
Risk templates are used to create electronic JSA forms for your staff to access and complete on a task. Once JSAs have been established for particular tasks, they can be saved within AroFlo as templates which can be used to create new JSAs as required. The following sub-sections explain how to create a JSA.
Select the category you need, or create a new category:
- Click the (plus sign).
- Enter the name of the category and click Done.
Click Add Task/Procedure.
The Task Template button allows you to import tasks from existing templates. Simply select a template from the list by double clicking, and click Import Template.
The Activities and Risks sections also contain the option to use templates.
- Enter the name of the task or procedure.
- Repeat the above steps for each task/procedure.
- Click Save.
The table below describes the headings you see across the top of the risk templates list.
|Task/Procedure||Enter the name of the task or procedure.|
|Create JSA||Quick access to create a JSA form.|
Provides a table view of the activities, risks and controls that have been set up.
JSA: Provides a preview of the JSA layout.
Checklist: Provides a preview of the JSA checklist layout.
|Close Required||Check this option to prevent task closure if the form is incomplete.|
|Signature Required||Check this option to prevent closure of the form if it has not been signed off.|
|Contractor Access||Check this option to allow contractors to access this form.|
|Send Edit Compliance |
Form Event Messages
|Check this option to allow event messages to be triggered each time this form is edited.|
|Show Activities Collapsed|
Check this option to collapse a list of compliance activities so that only the headers appear. Within a task, click on a header to expand the activity.
Activities that you've started but not completed will remain expanded by default.
Check this option to make it mandatory to assign an asset in order to close the form.
This can be useful for asset-specific compliance documents.
|Default Custom Layout||Used to link the form to a specific custom layout.|
|Checklist Labels||User defined checklist labels for checklist items, e.g. Pass, Fail, N/A.|
|Risk Matrix Setup||Allows you to create a customised Risk Matrix.|
- Click the arrow icon located on the left of the task/procedure you have entered.
Click Add Activity.
- Enter the details of the activity.
- Repeat the above steps for each activity.
- Click Save Activity Templates.
- Click the arrow icon located on the left of the activity you have entered.
Click Add Risk.
- Enter the details of the risk/hazard.
- Repeat the above steps for each risk/hazard.
- Click Save Risk Templates.
- Click the arrow icon located on the left of the risk you have entered.
Click Add Control.
- Enter the details of the control measures.
- Repeat the above steps for each control measure.
- Click Save Controls.
- Click the arrow icon located on the left of the control you have entered.
Click Add Checklist.
Enter the details of the checklist item.
Field users will only see the checklist item so it is important to ensure that you include elements of the Control, Risk and Activity.
For example: 'Follow correct manual lifting procedure to prevent back injury during installation of ladder'
- Repeat the above steps for each checklist item.
- Click Save Checklist Items.
Checklist Items have a character limit of 500 characters.
Checklist item settings
Additional settings are available on checklist items via the Edit button.
If the checklist is marked as 'Fail' or 'N/A', AroFlo can be instructed to:
|Linked Compliance Form|
This field allows you to link a compliance form to this item. You can also link a risk template or a custom form.
|Enforce ||This option ensures that the linked form is added to the item.|
|Linked Documents||This feature allows you to upload documents to the item, if your AroFlo subscription includes document storage.|
Internal AroFlo Notes