This option allows you to send Task, Overhead and Adhoc events from your AroFlo calendar to an external calendar such as an Outlook, Office 365, Apple, Google* or Android calendar.
Users can receive schedule reminders via their device.
Managers can view their team members' AroFlo scheduled events on their own device.
* If subscribing to Google Calendar, you may want to follow the instructions given in Google Calendar Sync, as that method gives you instant updates. Using the method described below can result in delays of up to a day, due to the way Google Calendar operates.
About calendar syncing
- Update frequency: External calendars request data from the AroFlo calendar at times determined by the external calendar settings (e.g. from once per minute to once per day). For performance reasons, AroFlo is set to only respond to external calendar requests once every 15 minutes.
- One-way link: AroFlo calendar entries can only be changed in AroFlo, not in an external calendar. The external calendar receives data from AroFlo but does not send data back.
- Crew schedules: If a user is part of a crew, tasks scheduled to that crew will not show on the external calendar.
Subscribing to an external calendar
To subscribe to an external calendar:
- Go to Manage > Users to open your User Details card.
Scroll down and click on the Calendar Subscription tab.
There are three levels of access to the Calendar Subscription feature:
- Full access: users can select the types of events and how much calendar history will display on their external calendar.
- Partial access: a Site Administrator sets the types of events and how much history will display on a user's external calendar.
- No access: users have no access to the calendar subscription feature and will not see the Calendar Subscription tab in their user card.
To request a change to your access level, contact your Site Administrator.
Site Administrators can go to Restrict Calendar Subscription for instructions.
Users with full access will see the following options
Users with partial access will see the following field
For users with full access:
tick the event types you want to see in your external calendar. Refer to General Settings for information on event types.
select how much calendar history should display on the external calendar. You can have up to 3 months-worth of history showing at any time, i.e. entries older than 3 months will be removed from the external calendar.
- For users with:
- full access, click Generate Link and then click the (copy) button to copy the link that appears.
- partial access, the link will already be present; just click (copy).
Click the relevant link below and follow the instructions given by the external calendar providers.
Instructions from external providers
As the instructions in the links below are from external providers, we have no control over them. We've included the links for your convenience, and they were current as at 23 February 2018.
Outlook Calendar on Desktop
If you're using Outlook on a desktop:
- Click the (calendar icon).
- Click Open Calendar:
- Select From Internet
- Paste the AroFlo link into the field that appears.
- Click OK.
For external calendars not listed, start by going to the calendar Settings and look for an option like 'Share calendar' or 'Sync with other calendar'. There should be a field you can paste the AroFlo link into. Set any options, such as how often the calendar should update (Remember: 15-minute minimum).
The information sent to an external Calendar is based on the header and schedule label settings for the user's AroFlo calendar, as well as the task location and GPS co-ordinates. For more information on schedule and header labels, see Schedule Labels.
Restrict external calendars
Site Administrators can authorise access to external calendars by altering a user's access permissions. Refer to Restrict Calendar Subscription.