Client Specific Rates
To charge a client a rate other than the business unit's default rate:
- Go to Manage > Clients > [select a client] > Client Rates.
In the Work Type Rate area:
click the checkbox in the Client Rate column for the work type you want to change
enter the rate you want to charge
Click Save Client Rate.
In this example, we want to charge the client $60.00 per hour instead of $90.00 per hour.
Client Block Billing
You can charge a client in blocks of time, rather than charging for the exact number of minutes your staff spent on the job.
If block billing is set to 15 minutes and your worker books 5 minutes of labour on the job, AroFlo will bill your customer for 1 block of 15 minutes. If the worker books 17 minutes of labour on the job, your customer will be billed for 2 blocks of 15 minutes.
Note that if you have block billing set up for your business, the client-specific block you select will override the business-wide block.
To set up client-specific block billing:
- Click the checkbox in the Client Block column beside the work type you want to change.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the duration of the block (15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes).
- Either leave the Default Rate set, or enter a Client Rate (see previous section).
- Click Save Client Rate.
Default SOR List Price Level
This section allows you to set the Default SOR List Price Level for the Client.
The Service Fee area allows you to override the Default Service Fee on a Task Type set in the Site Admin area for the current Business Unit. This is useful if you want to charge a specific service fee for certain clients.
To enter a client-specific service fee:
- In the Service Fee area, click Add.
- Enter a title in the Fee field.
- Select a Request Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Cost and Sell price.
- Click Save Fee.
A client is available in two Business Units.
- Business Unit 1 has a Default Service Fee on Electrical Work of $100
- A Client Specific Service Fee is setup in Business Unit 1 for Electrical Work of $90
- Business Unit 2 has a Default Service Fee on Electrical Work of $60
- No Client specific fee is setup in Business Unit 2
Tasks created in Business Unit 1 for the client for Electrical Work will have the client specific service fee of $90 applied to the task
Tasks created in Business Unit 2 for the client for Electrical Work will have the Business Unit default service fee of $60 applied to the task.
This may also be useful if you don't want to waive a service fee for specific clients.
Removing or adjusting the Default Service Fee for the client
To remove a client-specific default service fee, click the Del link to the right of the fee and click Save.
You can adjust any of the client-specific default service fees by typing over the details you want to change. Click Save when you're done.