- Created by Bradley Bristow-Stagg, last modified by Raff Lagatta on Jan 13, 2023
Notes are used to record information for reference and communication purposes. AroFlo's notes editor allows you to record notes in plain text or richly formatted HTML. Each note has its own visibility filter which controls who can view the note (internal, client, contractor, etc).
Task Notes Feature
Clients, Suppliers, Locations and Periodics feature an additional notes section called 'Task Notes'. Notes recorded in this section will automatically appear as task notes on jobs that are created against the client, supplier, location or periodic.
To add a note:
- Select one of the following options:
- Add Note (Text) - opens a plain text area
- Add Note (HTML) - opens a rich text editor
- Enter the details of your note and format as needed (if using HTML).
Optional: add or remove permission groups or users who need to view the note (see information below).
- Optional: set the visibility by selecting an option from the Note Filter drop down (see information below).
- Set Sticky Note if you want this note to always appear at the top of the list.
- Click Save Note.
Spell check using your browser
Most Internet browsers have a built-in spell checker. To correct a spelling mistake in the HTML editor: PC users CTRL+Right Click on the word. Mac users CMD+Right Click on the word. The following pages may provide more detail: Firefox Spell Checker | Google Chrome | Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge | Apple Safari
Add Note (Text)
Add Note (HTML)
Reply to a note
For tasks, quotes, invoices, and work orders, you can reply to a note. This helps you categorise notes as notes with replies will display as a conversation. This can also be useful for Office staff to communicate with Field staff. Note replies are also used in the Ask a Question feature for the Online Quote Viewer and Online Invoice Viewer.
- Click Reply on the note you want to add your reply to
Type your reply to the original note
Text or HTMLThe reply will be in the same format as the original note, i.e. Text or HTML. Change this if necessary before typing.
- Save Reply.
Your note will be attached to the original note as a reply. Click View x Replies to display all replies to an original note.
- Click Sort > Date Posted to sort all notes (and replies) by date
- Click View All Bodies to display all replies.
Access visibility restricts who can view the note. The available options are note restrictions and note filter.
Note Restrictions control who can view a note within your organisation. This could be specific users or permission groups.
- If the padlock is unlocked, there are no restrictions and everyone in your organisation will be able to view the note.
- If the padlock is locked, restrictions have been set up and names of permission groups and/or users will be displayed. Only these users will be able to see the note you're about to create.
Create a restriction
Site Administrators can pre-set note restrictions for a particular area. See Default Note Restrictions.
To restrict a note:
- Click the (padlock icon). This will restrict the note to be accessible only to yourself.
- To make the note accessible to other users, click:
- Add Permission Group to select permission groups
Add User to select individuals
You can use a combination of these two options if necessary.
- Save Note.
Only these users or groups will be able to view the note.
Once saved, the note will display with a lock icon to indicate it contains restrictions.
To remove a permission group or user, click the (rubbish bin) beside the permission group/user's name
You cannot remove yourself as a user.
- To remove the restrictions entirely, click on the (closed padlock icon).
Don't forget to Save Note.
You can remove the restrictions before or after the note has been saved. See Edit Notes for instructions on editing an existing note.
Note Filters control if a note can be seen outside of your organisation.
- Internal Only - visible only to internal staff who can access the note.
- Internal Admin Only (Legacy) - visible only to internal staff with Admin user permission who can access the note.
- Internal Admin and Manager Only (Legacy) - visible only to internal staff with Admin or Manager user permission who can access the note.
- Show Client - visible to your clients that have a client login / visible to clients in the Online Quote / Invoice Viewer.
- Show Contractor - visible to your subcontractors that have a contractor login.
Show All - visible to all users who can access the note.
The Legacy options will only work if you are not using permission groups.
If using Permission Groups, the user types shown above also need to be represented by a Permission Group. When using pre-built permission groups:
- users in the Management permission group will represent an Administrator
- users in the Supervisor permission group will represent a Manager.
If using a custom permission group, you can define which performer to represent via Settings > General > Permission Groups > Notes > Filters.