We're shortly going to be releasing a major new feature: Work Orders.
Work Orders will be used where you're requesting contracted work. Your contractors will view your work order so they can see what needs to be done and choose to accept or decline the work.
What's the difference between a Work Order and a Purchase Order?
Work Orders are similar to Purchase Orders and will behave in much the same way, however, Purchase Orders are used purely to purchase material items whereas Work Orders are a request for labour and material items and contain a more thorough description and/or instructions of the work involved.
What are the benefits of Work Orders?
- Costs against the Work Order can show directly on the Task straight away, helping you keep your costs as up to date as possible
- Choose to set up overall contractor labour rates or specific rates for each contractor
- You can request for contractors to complete an entire job, or a portion of it (for example, only labour)
- Create a Bill for work orders once the contractor sends you an invoice for the work completed
- Use Acceptance Statuses to easily track the status of Work Orders in terms of your client's acceptance.
We'll keep you updated with more information, including a release date, in the coming weeks.