- Created by user-e1e6c, last modified by Raff Lagatta on Aug 24, 2022
The Timesheet section of AroFlo Field is used for recording non-productive time (such as overheads ) or managing user timesheets.
- View timesheet entries created throughout the day as you've recorded labour on tasks
- View certain automated timesheet entries, such as lunch breaks, if timesheet automation has been set up for your AroFlo site
- Create additional timesheet entries not related to any particular task, e.g. annual leave, personal leave, trade school
- View timesheet expenses created throughout the day or record new timesheet expenses
- View GPS timesheet entries captured during the day
- Approve daily or weekly timesheets for yourself and others (depending on your user permissions - see Approve daily timesheets, below).
Timesheet entries can be recorded in two ways:
Using the start / stop timer.
This is like a stop watch. It can help you remember the time you started and provide an accurate timesheet entry. However, the timer must be started at the beginning of the event.
Using the fields under Timesheet > (plus).
This can be used to create an entry at any time, including after the event.
Record a timesheet entry using the start / stop timer
Start the timer
When you arrive at the event:
- Go to Menu > Timesheet.
Click (Timer) on the top right of the header.
The timer will start. Elapsed time will be displayed above the header.
Stop the timer
Once you have finished at the event:
- Go to Menu > Timesheet.
- Click the elapsed time above the header. The Labour Timer window opens.
- Click Stop Timer.
Create an entry from the timer
You can preset any details below (like the overhead and note) while the timer is still running.
From the Labour Timer Window, confirm the fields required for a timesheet entry:
To add another resource (user) to the timesheet, tap + Add Users. Select them from the list. Only certain users can add resources.
The logged in user is automatically added to the timesheet. Confirm the default work type.
Confirm the Overhead.
- If the timer is still running, click Stop Timer.
Record a Tracking Centre (optional), if they are used in your business.
Record a Note (optional) - this is useful for recording supporting information such as the reason for taking leave.
Tap Create Timesheet Entry.
To cancel the timesheet entry and resume timing, click Cancel and close the window.
View all active start / stop timers
Managers, Supervisors (and those with permission ) can also view active timers for other users.
- Go to Menu > Timesheet.
Click Active Timers on the top right of the header.
From here you can stop a timer, create timesheet entries or add other users to an active timer.
Refer to the section above (Create an entry from the timer) for more information on the Labour Timer window.
Click on the task name to open the task.
Record a timesheet entry using the timesheet fields
- Go to Menu > Timesheet > Tap (plus).
- Use the arrows, or the calendar button, to select a date. The system defaults to today's date, but entries can be backdated if needed.
The logged in user is automatically added to the timesheet along with a default work type.
What are work types?
Work types are not only used to define the various labour rates your business charges for services, but are also used for calculating overtime such as time-and-a-half or double time for payroll purposes. This list of work types may be filtered based on business unit or user settings. To view all work types, tap Show all at the bottom of the list.
To add another resource to the timesheet, tap + Add Resource and select a resource from the list.
Once added, resources can be removed from the timesheet by tapping (red X button).
- Select an overhead from the list.
Enter time / hours using one of the following methods:
Tap (clock icon), select the hour, minutes, am/pm, then Ok.
Simply tap the field and enter the time using the keypad on your device.
You can set the current time by tapping (alarm clock icon).
If you don't want to record start / finish times, you can simply enter the total hours worked.
- Record a Note (optional) - this is useful for recording supporting information such as the reason for taking annual leave or personal leave.
- Tracking Centre (if configured) - this field will auto-populate with a default tracking centre, which can be used for reporting purposes.
- Tap Save.
Conflicting time entries
When you save a timesheet, the system will check if the Start or Finish times conflict with any existing time entries. If they do, you will see a red error message appear at the top of the screen, indicating there are overlapping timesheets. You will need to amend the start / finish times before saving again.
Record a timesheet expense
The Expense area shows any timesheet expenses recorded against tasks, and allows you to create additional expense entries.
To create a timesheet expense entry that's not related to a specific task:
- Go to Menu > Timesheet > Expense.
- Tap (plus). The logged in user is automatically added to the timesheet expense.
- Select an Expense type from the list, e.g. Fuel Allowance / per km.
Enter the Quantity, e.g. kilometres, hours, weeks.
Record a Note (optional) - this is useful for recording supporting information such as the reason for incurring the expense.
Tap Descriptions to use a pre-defined description template instead of typing a note. See Description Templates for more information.
- Tap Save.
Approve daily timesheets
Managers, Supervisors, and those with permission can approve their own or another's daily timesheet as follows:
Go to Menu > Timesheets.
By default, the timesheet entries for the logged-in user appear. To approve a timesheet for someone else, tap Viewing and select the name you need.
- Review the timesheet entries.
- Use the (pencil icon) to edit the entries as necessary (depending on user permissions).
Add any overheads necessary by completing the fields, as described in the previous section.
- Tap Approve EOD.
What happens once you've approved?
Once you've tapped Approve EOD, the timesheet is locked and no changes can be made. Timesheet labour entries and timesheet expense entries on individual tasks are also locked. If you need to make any adjustments after you've locked the timesheet, tap Unapprove EOD, make the changes, and re-approve.
Approve Weekly Timesheets
See Weekly Timesheet for information on weekly approvals.
View our Timesheets product page