Households across Australia that install a small scale renewable energy system (solar, wind or hydro) or eligible hot water system may be able to receive a benefit under the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) to help with the purchase cost.
Sometimes referred to as a rebate program, installing an eligible system allows the creation of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs), an electronic form of currency with a value that can be redeemed by selling or assigning them. Most households choose to assign their STCs to their installer for a discount on their system.
As a guide, one small-scale technology certificate is equal to one megawatt hour of eligible renewable electricity either generated or displaced by the system.
Source: Department of Industry, Innovation and Science http://yourenergysavings.gov.au/rebates/renewable-power-incentives
|Requirements||How can I achieve this in AroFlo?|
The following information must be clearly displayed on a quote/invoice:
- Total number of STCs created per system
- Total value of eligible system (inc. GST)
- STC deduction value (ex. GST for Domestic work)
- Total value less STC deduction (inc. GST)
1. In Site Admin, set up Tracking Centres for 'Solar System' and 'STC Deduction' for the purpose of tracking Solar System costs and STC deductions.
2. In Inventory, create an SOR item for 'STC Deduction' (linked to the tracking centre) for faster quoting and invoicing. Set this item to GST Free.
You can link existing inventory items for eligible systems to the 'Solar System' tracking centre within the inventory card.
3. After adding the inventory item for STC Deductions to the quote, ensure that the Tax is set appropriately. For domestic work, STC's are GST Free.
4. In your quote/invoice layout
, customise the footer to include tracking centre data elements for 'Solar System' and 'STC Deduction' totals.