Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

AroFlo caters for a wide range of tax codes  to allow for the range of places in which you do business. These tax codes can be automatically applied to your quotes, purchase orders and invoices in AroFlo.

AroFlo's default tax codes

All new AroFlo sites are set up with two tax codes:

  • GST of 10% (set as the default)
  • FRE (tax free).

If your business is based in Australia and you have no overseas clients, these two tax codes should be all you need, but please consult your accountant and / or local tax laws to be sure.

Enter tax codes into AroFlo

You may need additional tax codes, or a different GST rate, if your business is based:

  • outside of Australia, or
  • in Australia but with overseas clients.

There are two ways of getting additional tax codes into AroFlo.

If you have an accounting integration set up and you need additional tax codes or you need to change your tax rates:

  1. Make the necessary changes in your accounting package.
  2. In AroFlo, go to Site Admin > Integration > Tax Codes.
  3. Click Get all [X] Tax Codes (where [X] is the name of your accounting package).

    Click to enlarge

  4. Click the checkboxes beside the tax codes you want to import or update.

    Click to enlarge

  5. Click Selected > Save Tax Codes.


If you transferred your tax codes into AroFlo from your accounting package, you will not have the option of manually adding tax codes to AroFlo. This must be done in your accounting package.

Manual entry (no integration link)

If you don't have an accounting integration set up, you will have the option to add tax codes manually:

  1. Go to Site Administration > Settings > General > Tax Codes.
  2. Click Add Tax Code.

    Click to enlarge

  3. Complete the Tax Code, Description and Tax Rate (%) fields.
  4. Click Add Tax Code.

    Click to enlarge

    You can change the default tax code by checking the relevant box in the Default column. If you don't choose a default tax code, AroFlo will use GST 10% as the default.


  5. Click Save Tax Codes.

Multi-component tax rates?

If you need to enter tax rates that are made up of multiple components, please see the Tax components section, below.

Change a tax code or tax rate


To change an existing tax code:

  1. Click into the field you want to change. The Tax Code, Description or Tax Rate (%) fields can all be changed.

    Click to enlarge

  2. Over-write the existing information.
  3. Click Save Tax Codes.

Delete a tax code

To delete a tax code, click the (trash can) on the far right of the row, then click Save Tax Codes.

Tax components

Some countries have tax codes made up of multiple components, and businesses are sometimes required to display the breakdown of these tax components.

Example

Canada has a national goods and services tax (GST) of 5%, but many Canadian provinces have additional taxes, such as the PST (provincial sales tax), RST (retail sales tax) or QST (Quebec sales tax), the rates of which vary.

Add tax components

If you have an integration link with an accounting package that supports multiple-component tax codes (currently only Xero or QuickBooks Online), tax components will be imported into AroFlo along with your tax codes. If you need to add or alter a tax code or tax code component, do this in your accounting package first.

To manually add tax components to your tax codes:

  1. Go to Site Administration > Settings > General > Tax Codes.
  2. On the tax code you want to add components to, click View > Add New Tax Component

    Click to enlarge

  3. Complete the fields.  Click Add New Tax Component for each component that makes up the parent tax code.
  4. Click Save.

View tax components

You can view your tax components in either Site Administration or in the Office interface.

Tax component breakdowns will only be visible if the tax codes in your AroFlo site are made up of multiple components.

View in Site Admin

In Site Administration, go to:

  • Settings > General > Tax Codes, or
  • Integration > Tax Codes tab.

Click View on the tax code in question. 

Click to enlarge


Example

The image below shows the breakdown of the Canadian tax code, CAN002, which relates to the province of British Columbia. In that province, they have the provincial sales tax (PST) of 7% and the federal GST of 5%, making a total of 12%.

Click to enlarge

View in Office

From within a quote, purchase order, or credit note, click the (dollar sign) to view the tax component breakdown.

Click to enlarge

In the Supplier Quotes and Invoices areas, click (open book icon) to view the tax component breakdown. This icon will be updated in due course.

Show the breakdown on a layout

If you need to show the tax component breakdown on your quotes, invoices or other documents, just add the Tax Component Breakdown table to your layout.


On this page

Feature access

Related articles